About Lead the Pack
Lead the Pack was founded by Tristan Schmid in 2010 to offer contract marketing services and advice to small-business owners and non-profit leaders.
Lead the Pack helps you tell your tale. Lead the Pack's content marketing services include brand strategy, blogging, social media management, email marketing and public relations.
Tristan Schmid, Founder/Pack Leader
I've been consuming media and marketing messages for most of my life (McDonald's hooked me as a youngster with their Happy Meal marketing messages), and I've been using computers since I was 4 years old.
I have a passion for the big-picture vision, but I also have an eagle-eye for detail.
I believe marketing communications can be used for good - that it's not just a way to make money.
With a Master's Degree in Media Arts and Science from the Indiana University School of Informatics, a Bachelor's in Telecommunications Design and production, and college teaching experience and mentorship, I approach marketing and the media with a critical eye that helps me not only improve but lead others as well.
I've applied these principles to every stage of my career:
- Using my knowledge of new media, journalism and audio production to produce the first Angie's List podcast and create its first blog
- Sharing the Humane Society of Indianapolis's new vision through social media, creative branding and the press
- Guiding NUVO's digital strategy and leading Indiana Living Green's website redesign
April Schmid, Pack Support
April provides a wealth of services to Lead the Pack clients, including setting up and maintaining their Squarespace-powered websites, developing marketing campaigns, and writing grants for non-profit organizations.
April attended Indiana University in Bloomington, IN and earned a Bachelor's degree in Psychology with a minor in Sociology. Upon graduation, she served as an AmeriCorps member through the Peace Learning Center, developing programs focused on leadership and conflict resolution. She went on to earn a Master's degree from Indiana University in Public Affairs with a concentration on Nonprofit Management.
In addition to helping Lead the Pack clients, April also provides yoga training and health coaching to individuals and organizations through her wellness-focused company, Thrive Deviser.
Why Content Marketing?
As people have more and more choices in how they consume information, it becomes increasingly important to carefully ater to your target audience, and especially to your most loyal fans.
Consumers today are more literate than ever when it comes to the marketing messages they see every day in marketing, and rather than blast content out without considering the person on the other side of the screen, it's best to be thoughtful, transparent and timely with what you share.
Content marketing - through your website, social media, email newsletters, and more - must be created strategically and with passion. That's where Lead the Pack comes in.
The Paths of Our Projects
We approach problems by looking at them from an outside perspective, understanding your goals, determining what's working and not working, then creating marketing content that the people you want to reach will respond to.
Once you and I agree on a map to reach your goals, we'll implement the pieces together, measure progress, and improve our messaging accordingly.
Why Hire Lead the Pack?
When you hire Lead the Pack, you're getting experience that has:
- planned strategic communications and marketing campaigns resulting in tens of thousands of new followers and hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue.
- built social media campaigns from the ground up, including one for a small non-profit which resulted in nearly 6,000 Facebook Fans in 2 years.
- grown email list recipients organically by 75% in one year, resulting in thousands of new subscribers.
- rebranded multi-million-dollar organizations and special events.
- gained free media exposure for businesses and non-profits alike worth tens of thousands of dollars.
- produced content for year-end online giving campaigns for a non-profit resulting in a 38% increase in online giving over the previous year.
- led the redesign of websites receiving thousands of daily visitors.
- been mentioned in Cat Fancy magazine (yep, you read that right) and TechCrunch.